Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Trouble in Paradise

Not all is rosy this week.

EPaySurf
Things are looking shaky over here. Payouts seem to have been delayed, and some members have not been paid over 20 days. While the email updates have been pretty consistent and much appreciated, the facts do speak for themselves. Let's hope things do turn around fast, before it turns into a free for all bashing fest (if it hasn't already happened yet). I'm personally in profits here hence have not been actively keeping up todate with what's going on with the program, relying solely on the email updates.

If it does turn around, turning private completely would really take away all the doom and gloom crowd away. I hope if and when they eventually turn private, they would do away with referral commissions. It would no longer serve a purpose an longer.

NSFG
Trading for the month has been concluded and it turned out to be -2.8%. The gentlemen running the program are in the process of switching brokers, hence no more trading would be done.

It's also a good thing for me since I was going to set up a managed account. Looks like staying my ground instead of rushing to get it up was the right move. It saved me a considerable amount in losses in both the negative trading as well as the cost involved in opening the managed accounts. When the new brokers are in place, I'd probably take a couple of months to let Paul and Kenneth acclimatise with the new broker before I get all dizzy and jump into the managed accounts again.

Besides the negative returns (which was regrettably disappointing), making their forum read-only is the largest disappointment for me. For a program that prided itself on its openness and tranparency, not allowing us to participate in an active discussion is just counter-productive. While the discussions are not always cordial or productive, it was an outlet for members to come together to interact and share experiences. I, for one, always enjoyed reading forums where the admiistrators actively participated with it's members. Even if/when the administrators were busy, I found that we were always able to keep ourselves entertained. I do hope they would rescind their decision with regards to the forum.

GottaLottaHits
Well, good thing not all is doom and gloom. I did manage to get a 50% refund from Christian. I do not know when I would be getting the other 50%, but this is a pretty darn good start for me. I had already lost all hope of getting anything back until the email reply a few days back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home