Thursday, September 21, 2006

Midas Goes From Bad to Worse

Talk bout digging a larger hole to bury oneself in. I got this update from the admin of Midas-Surf.

I did several payouts and will resume more later as I am exhausted and
must retreat to bed. I wanted to announce that any fast track payout
that is late will be receiving their fee back. Please email
support@midas-surf.com your userid, and FT payout date. This will help
us expedite the process as we can have a list to check off as we catch
up. I apologize for falling behind. I want to make it right to all
members. The best way I know to this is to give away free money. Here is
the deal: Every 100 dollars gets you a free $40 upgrade and every $1000
gets you a free $100 upgrade. If you max out at $5000 then we will add
enough to your total to cover the fee removed (2% for e-gold and 4% for
AlertPay) to get you the full 5000 amount to surf with. The remainder
of bonus money will be sent to you in your processor account you
upgraded with. With that said I bid for goodnight at 6:18 AM EST -5GMT.

Right, payouts have been made......to random members. There doesn't seem to be a system to the payments. The first in line are not paid and the cries are growing louder. Already numerous forums have downgraded the program as non-paying.

What makes things worst here is the admin is promising additional money for upgrades. Let me see if we can make some sense out of this.....for every $100 upgrade, you get a $40 free upgrade. And for every $1000 upgrade, you get $100 free. Logically this doesn't make any sense at all. Ok, so why would I want to upgrade $1000 to get $100 free if I can upgrade $900 and get $360 free? Moreover where is that money going to come from?

The admin must be getting really desperate here. I think it's obvious the program has run into cashflow problems. He must think we're idiots to fall for it.

Conclusion, move along folks, there's nothing left to see here. The program's as good as dead. In the unlikely event there isn't a cashflow problem, the bad press would be enough to send this one spiraling downwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home