Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Desert Sky Marketing Updates

Got this email from Dustin, the administrator here.

For those of you who are too lazy to read everything, here's the main highlights.

1. Signups are temporarily disabled.

2. Upgrades can only occur on weekdays. Upgrade button will be disabled for the weekend.

Every other thing here is gravy.

Each and every one of you have helped DesertSkyMarketing become a huge
success over our first few days! The response has been much more than
I could have asked for. At this time we have almost 350 members and we
are barely 72 hours old.

I am, at this time, going to disable new sign-ups. The reason I'm
doing this is very simple; I want to make sure everything is working
correctly. So far, there have only been a couple minor issues reported and
we are almost completed with the fixes. However, I would rather error
on the side of caution. As you can understand, if we discover an issue
it will be much easier to fix 350 accounts as apposed to fixing several
thousand accounts. Even though I've tested, and tested, and tested the
script; a test scenario is never truly like the real thing. Once I'm
100% confident every part of our script is running perfectly I will
enable new sign-ups.

I will disable new sign-ups from time to time in order to control our
growth. It is important that we don't grow too fast. Since I'm
actually entering into business ventures with the money that is coming in, I
must be able to manage it properly. If we grow too fast, that could
become very difficult. Please remember I'm not disabling sign-ups as some
marketing ploy. I'm simply doing it to ensure we remain successful for
a long period of time.

I'm also going to make one other change. Members will only be able to
upgrade Monday - Friday. I will disable upgrades on Friday afternoons
and re-enable them on Monday mornings. This too, is to protect our
program. This is mainly because we are accepting AlertPay as one of our
payment processors. I am unable to move any money from or to AlertPay
on the weekends. Also, several of my offsite business ventures only
take funds Monday - Friday. If I allow upgrades on the weekends it means
I am unable to put that money to work, but members will already be
earning daily %'s on that same money. I hope you can see this is a
fiscally responsible decision.

I understand the above two decisions are not your norm when it come to
surf programs. However, DesertSky Marketing id not your norm when it
comes to surf program either. If I were a ponzi would I ever disable
sign-ups and upgrades?

For those members who keep track of program growth using the Alexa
chart, I have added this to the "Monitoring" page on our web site for your
convenience. Also, for those members who keep track of program growth
via member IDs, you need to know the following information:

- Only pre-launch members have single and double-digit referral IDs.
(There are a couple triple-digit referral IDs because they requested
them.) There were 60 pre-launch members in all.

- I set the script so new members would start at 1001. This makes it
very easy for me to distinguish a pre-launch member from a post-launch
member.

- If you see the last member ID is 1800, that really means DesertSky
Marketing has 860 members. I don't want you to be off in your numbers.
:-)

Thank you, again, for making the first 72 hours of DesertSky Marketing
a huge success!

Dustin Fennell
DesertSky Marketing
Real People, Real Advertising, Real Profits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home