Saturday, April 01, 2006

NSFG to be part of FeederFund's portfolio?

NSFG
Just received the latest email from the guys at NSFG. Apparently FeederFund is soon going to have NSFG as part of their portfolio.

Since NSFG has officially closed its pooled funds, FF would be an alternative for people unable to cough up 25k for their managed funds to get in. There's however one huge problem. FF itself is a private fund which is closed to new members. This sorta boggles the mind what administrators are thinking of. At the end of the day only those who are already in FF benefit from this inclusion. The saving grace here is that FF has openly said time and again that they would open their doors to new membership at a later date. So if you're not in FF and want to get into NSFG, you'd just have to be patient and read the forums for updates on FF.

Personally, I'd rather cough up the 25k and move into NSFG via the manged account. I have absolutely nothing against joining FF. In fact I think FF is a very good alternative for those who balk at the high entry levels of the programs they offer. The thing here about FF is that from all that I've read, it's run by no more than 2 people (I could be very wrong here). Should anything untoward happen to both at once, all the funds would be caught in limbo. The same applies to the pooled funds with NSFG. It's one of the unforeseen situation mentioned in my last blog entry. Which is why I'm looking to getting into the managed account at the quickest possible time. Yes, I'm a bit of a control freak, who hopefully exercises some form common cents. ;o)

MPDW
In the past couple of weeks I've bashed, thrashed and literally shit on this bunch and today is not going to be an exception. The truth is that they've done nothing to deserve otherwise.

The latest from them is that they are going to buy out all the members who requested a buyout by the 15th of April. By right this should be good news to everyone who has submitted a buyout. Unfortunately, they only announced this after the submission dateline has passed, meaning anyone anyone who hasn't requested or refused to submit a buyout under the previous terms got screwed over again. True to the form they have been showing the last 2 weeks, they unimaginatively threw the TOS back at everyone, which basically has the same immortal words which basically says that they can change whatever, whenever they like.

I did request a payout here, and might get paid by the 15th, but I'm still voicing out my displeasure as a matter of principle, something which the program or more fittingly, their administrators, seem to lack. Anyway, I'd be glad to get out completely by the 15th this month. Good riddence to bad rubbish.

E-Gold
This is just a little episode I encountered a couple of days back. Someone actually had the gall to hack my e-gold account (my first time). Don't worry, my gold is still intact and my password has been changed.

I'm just highlighting how important it is to set your e-gold AccSent settings to high. I received a PIN in my email for a login I did not attempt. It was carelessness on my part. I had used the same password about 6-9 months ago on a couple of autosurfs and did not change my password during that whole period. Good thing accsent saved my gold, or else I would've been much poorer. Also using my ISP email to receive my PIN probably helped too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home