Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Monitor Sites

I noticed alot of people actually using monitor sites and quite frankly, it baffles me. I personally never saw a need for monitor sites. To me these sites are the worst of the bunch and much worse than the scammers who they advertise. Not to mention they get off scott free when a scam occurs. They are meant for the lazy, which probably explains why they have a large following.

Let's see what a monitor site actually does. Some ask for payments from the site administrators to list their programs on the monitor, using the fee as an initial 'capital' for the site. At the same time they act as promotors splashing their referral links all over the page. So basically they earn money via fees, referral commission and the program itself. And sometimes a very lucrative side income of winning referral competitions. Of course this is just a generalisation, most are just very cleverly disguised referral whores. No wonder they are springing up faster than rabbits can breed. It's a lucrative and yet blame-free business. Hell, if I didn't have a conscience, I'd set up one myself!

The real question what everyone should be asking is what such sites do for you. As far as I know, they can't tell me when a site administrator will run away. Since they can't do that, then effectively they are useless to me. Other than lining up their own pockets, I fail to see what good these fellows are. If you really must visit a monitor site, use it as a reference. Do not let these scums earn your money.

If you're looking for information if a site is worth a gamble or not, forums are the best way to go. People are quick to whine if a program has problems. And quick to praise if it's paying. Of course there is a bit more work than monitor sites, but you're playing with your money. Isn't that worth a bit of extra work?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home