Saturday, March 03, 2007

What We're Up Against

I’ve been in this industry for a couple of years, and have learnt a lot (or so I think). The biggest lesson I’ve learnt is to never trust anyone. This is one arena that is filled with the lowest of lowlifes, the type that would sell their grandmothers for the odd dollar. To put things into perspective, I’ve worked for a number of years in a very well known global bank group (well known for nasty office politics) and the level of deceit and distrust is nowhere near the level of scum that resides here.

Everything you read from the monitors, blogs, info-sites and forums should be taken with a large dose of salt. Not everything presented is as rosy as it is. There are pseudo monitors that have no value other than to rake in referral commissions, blogs filled with referral links (albeit giving good commentary, but still a referral whore, nonetheless) and industrial ‘consultants’ dishing out (bad) advice in forums.

There is always an agenda behind everything that is done in this industry. And for most parts, it always invariably involves money, either directly or indirectly. Learn to read between the lines of what is typed in forums and blogs and decipher the agenda involved.

Just to give you an idea of what we’re faced with, here are a couple of examples:

Paid Postings in Forums

Tech4Money

I remember reading this in some blog a few months ago, but can’t for the hell of me remember where I got it from. It’s a website where hyip/autosurf owners can purchase ‘paid postings’ to:
  • bump topics to top of folder
  • instill confidence in readership on payments
  • create a pseudo environment of many participants
Yes, it’s blatant, and if you look carefully in the forums like MMG, TalkGold and some of the more popular ones, it’s not that hard to sift out the bad apples involved. I'm just pissed I was not invited in this lucrative sideline!

Dirty Monitor + Forums

My disdain for monitors is well chronicled here. There are the worst of the lot. Even the genuine ones, with good intentions can’t tell you the most important thing of all.....if the site will be around tomorrow.

Anyway I don’t really want to type too much here, so I’d leave you with a report done in MoneyMakerTalks forum. Bear in mind the following article has been spammed in numerous forums, and the forum integrity itself suffers from allegations of stat-padding and false membership representation.

However, the article itself is a damn good read, and I have no reason to believe it was falsified to slander. I believe that a lot (not 100%) of what it reveals is really happening in the industry.

HYIPocalypse: slowly we rot…

You can only be amazed at how brazen things have become. Once upon a time, such things were done covertly, now it’s so open it becomes an accepted truth.

I wouldn’t even be surprised some blogs are involved in such dealings either. Some of the blatant cheerleading coming from supposedly intelligent minds leaves a sour taste.

Conclusion

What I’ve covered here is by no means even close to the depth or level of filth that is plaguing this industry. I doubt there is any way to peel thru it all and see the absolute truth. The best piece of advice I can dish out is not to even step into this arena, unfortuntately, if you're addicted like me, we sure need therapy.

Before I end this article, I’ll leave you with a blog post that is entertaining, to say the least.

Welcome to the Masquerade

I don’t agree with it wholeheartedly, but the bulk of it makes sense. Moreover the entire blog itself is a damn good read and bloody controversial, just the way I like.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Save us the trouble of peeling you apart like an onion and tell us your real agenda behind this blog.

Saturday, March 03, 2007 6:22:00 AM  
Blogger spectre said...

Geez, you woke up so early?

To answer your question, I'm a narcissist. I simply love to see my own writting and what better way to do it than to have a blog? ;o)

Saturday, March 03, 2007 9:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home