Thursday, February 08, 2007

Lucky Escape

I just completed my reservist today, and it was supposed to be a joyous occasion since this was supposed to be my last call up to serve the nation, although I've yet to receive the black and white despite being promised verbally by the higher ups.

A couple of reservist mates and I wanted to celebrate the occasion with some drinks, but our joy was short lived. On the way to our destination, we got involved in a 6 car pile up, and the car we were in was smashed up pretty badly, both from the front and the back.

Luckily the airbags were activated and by some sheer fluke, we got away unscathed. In fact it, considering how badly compressed some of the cars were when we got out to assess the situation, it was a miracle that no one was injured. Had it not for an army policy that bars us from bringing in our camera phones, I would have taken and posted the extent of the damage here.

I'm still shaken by the incident and thanking my lucky stars it wasn't anymore serious than just monetary losses. It's the incidents like this that make you appreciate life more.

NSFG
Just had an update from NSFG and there was no lucky escape here. In the bid to make up the 'losses', they apparently made an overall loss in the region of 15% for the month of January. Since I've not received any statement...yet again, I reckon I've probably lost around 75% of my entire equity here. Of course around 60% is due to the technical adjustment made when the authorities confiscated a large amount of the pooled monies.

I wonder if they have reached rock bottom or would the slide continue. FWIW, I'm still continuing with them, since it's money I'm willing to lose. However that doesn't mean I would stop bitching.

Infinity Shares
I'm pretty late with this update, but the entry has been updated. And more importantly, there was no trading done this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home