Friday, March 09, 2007

NSFG : Good Returns

Well, amidst all the furore surrounding the whole DSM saga, I've been selectively reading my emails and completely missed the ones from NSFG. For some reason the mails ended up in my spam folder, hence this late late update.

The good news is that they secured slightly over 19% for the month of Feburary. Pardon me if I'm not jumping for joy yet. Combined with January's result, it's a marginal gain of over 1% for 2 months.

The REAL good news here is that I'm in conversation with a managed account holder, and so far March has been a brilliant month. We're looking at gains over 5% in the first week of March. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope they don't screw this one up.

As for enthusiasm for the program, you've got to bear with my lack of it. Until the amount that was woefully under-reported/stolen is replaced, all these news really mean nothing. It's just paper gains and losses. With the huge exodus of people from the pool accounts and the stellar results, I'm expecting some proportionate replacement of those misappropriated funds. The only question here is that how many managed accounts are really left? The fewer managed accounts, means lesser fees, which in turn means a smaller replacement figure.

Moreover all these 'good news' really means squat to me. If my original amount was there, I would be making money. Unfortunately my original money was used to pay others, hence all these 'gains' merely going towards 'recovering' my 'losses'. Yes, plenty of innuendoes there.

That being said, should they managed to replace all my missing funds, you can be sure I'd play the role of a veteran politician and start flipping....and flopping my opinions on this one. Might even reconsider a managed account with them if things go well. But let's take one step at a time. Baby steps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home