Thursday, June 22, 2006

'Hit and Run' vs Test Spends

It's been sometime since I made any entries here. I've been rather busy with the World Cup during this period, trying to stay up till the wee hours of the day catching the games. Anyway I thought it would be interesting to share my thoughts on this, before I completely forget about it....again.

This has been a debate that's been raging in my mind for quite sometime, about which strategy to adopt when I want to make a spend in an autosurf. For anyone unsure what 'run and hit' and 'test spends' mean, I'd give a brief definition of both.

Hit and Run - Entering a program with a big sum and then pulling out after the first (or second) cycle.

Test Spend - As the name suggests, putting in a small sum and waiting for payment before committing a large sum.

Both methods have sound reasoning and merits behind them. Personally I prefer to use test spends on programs which perceivably have a longer shelf life. These are usually programs which pay a lower percentage and takes a longer time to recover your initial spend.

However since the demise of StormPay, the trend for autosurfs is to give a higher percentage and a shorter cycle period. Not to mention the number of sites mimicking the 12daily model which had proven itself so successful.

Since the turn of the year, I've been using the H&R method to devastating effect. I've been putting in anything from $100 to a princely sum of 4 digits and pulling out after the first cycle in most times. Of course there are a number of programs which deserve second helpings, but those are usually rare, and I try not to get (too) greedy. The other thing to note here is that I don't jump into any and every program using this method. I only do it when a program meets certain some criterias.

However since the end of May, this strategy seems to have lost it's effectiveness (at least for me). It seems the scammers have gotten, either smarter or the industry players have finally caught up. Of the last 3 H&R programs I've been involved in, I only managed to get my initial back in one of them (by the skin of my teeth), while suffering a total and complete loss in the other 2.

Perhaps I've been spending too much time on the World Cup, and not enough time on my 'homework'. Of course it's a convenient excuse to place the blame somewhere, but the bottomline is that I think the industry looks to be changing yet again. Unfortunately, I have no idea which direction or what the changes are. Only time will tell, what the future holds.

Note : The surf programs that I introduce here are those that I genuinely believe will last at least a few cycles. As and when I feel it no longer meets my criteria, I would remove them. I do not and will not introduce my H&R programs just to earn a few dollars. As mentioned in this blog numerous times, the money I make from a program is good enough, and referral commissions are just a bonus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home