Friday, December 15, 2006

Local Exchangers : Where We Stand

I've not been exchanging cash for e-gold or vice versa for the past few months. Partly due to my inactivity (accident), and partly due to USD falling against the SGD. However there might be a need to out-exchange some of my e-gold hoard sometime soon, since I'm unlikely to find reliable programs to dump it in.

So if there are any fellow Singaporeans looking to have a bit of e-gold in hand, feel free to mail me. I should be able to offer slightly better rates than local exchangers. But don't expect me to off load too much at a time. I like to keep a reserve should something sweet turn up.

A few fellow Singaporeans have been emailing me and asking me which exchangers are currently available, since a couple have stopped all communication. I don't keep up to date if I don't personally use the services, although I do keep in touch via the grapevine and the occasional email that keeps me informed.

Entelnova
Very possible still the strongest and best around. Their processes are somewhat more troublesome than the others, and there is a larger emphasis on verification. However with the recent case of the 'catch me if you can' scammer who used e-gold, all the added verification seems justified.

Just a note of caution (nothing serious), due to the size of their client base, the service here isn't always top notched. The other thing is that the rates aren't always the best.

SnapGold
Instant exchanges. Nothing has changed since the last update here. One of the best around, with pretty competitive rates. In fact they constantly have the best rates around.

WynGold
As mentioned before, top service by the ladies here. But that's based on my experience with them in Sept. I've since not used them nor received any feedback about them.

Chances are things are still the same here. If you do use them, please let me know your experience.

Amongst the top 3 exchangers, their rates are the worst so far. But if you're desparate for e-gold when the others are not available, they offer the best alternative.

JR Exchange
I know I've been unfairly harsh on them before, and my stance hasn't changed much.

I've not visited the site for sometime, and when I decided to pop in for a visit in late November, the site was down. Took a while to get it back up, only to find out that exchanges were suspended due to some script error.

Current state of affairs: it's been over a week since the site's been up and the script's still not been fixed. I don't know how serious they are with this business, but I sincerely hope they get their act together soon, since the advertised rates are some of the best in the business.

Bank2Gold
No one knows what's going on with them. Since the very public reports of the 'catch me if you can' scammer, this exchanger has disappeared off the face of the earth. There are been no updates and the rates still reflect that of a couple of months ago.

For now, this one seems like it's closed its doors, which is a shame. I personally liked this one the most. Hopefully there'd be some good news.

Goldert

*Shrugs* I have no idea what's going on here, and neither do I care. No update in the rates since forever and no news from any of my sources.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home